Sunday, August 10, 2008

August 10 and Everything After

Today is Sunday, August 10. We spent most of the morning packing to leave for the beach and home. We plan to spend the afternoon out of the apartment so Maya and Jonah don’t kill each other. In fact, it's 3 p.m. now and we are out of the house.

When we got back from the jungle on Friday night, we found that our internet was not working. I’m posting this and the following posts about our jungle experience from an internet café.

Rebecca called the internet company for service, but the earliest someone will come is on Tuesday. That does us no good because Tuesday at noon we fly to Manta, which is on the coast, to begin the “beach” part of our vacation. We are not staying in Manta. As soon as we arrive we will take a taxi, then a ferry, then a bus and hopefully arrive in Canoa with all our parts intact.

We plan to stay in Canoa until Sunday, August 17. On Monday, August 18, we head to the Rio Muchacho Farm for a week. Maya is especially looking forward to seeing some farm animals.

The early part of the following week, August 25-27, we will try to hook up with Paul and Sylvia and their children somewhere along the coast. Those plans are still in development.

We return to Quito on Thursday, August 28. We will stay in a hotel that Kumi (our cook) recommended for two days. Here's a picture of Kumi and Maya in our kitchen.

We fly home on Saturday, August 30.

Because I am not sure how reliable internet service is where we are going, and because I am not certain how often I will want to spend time away from the beach to sit in an internet café, this may well be the last post from Ecuador. If that turns out to be true, thanks for coming along on this great adventure with us.

I will eventually post about the experiences we had in Canoa, at the farm, etc. And hopefully, I’ll have some wisdom to impart about our overall experience and what we learned (I mean what we learned collectively, not all the dirty Spanish words that I learned).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the kids remember all this traveling and learning they are doing when they get older. I LOVE THE PICS OF THE MONKEY. I WANT ONE.
Chris